Starting your own business can be an exciting but also overwhelming time. Although you are working on something that you are passionate about, there are important decisions and situations which need to be taken into consideration.
Whilst you are setting up your business there are many important decisions that need to be made ranging from finalising business plans, managing supplier costs or attempting to implement creative marketing strategies.
How we can help
At Rivington Solicitors, we understand that a start-up is hard work and we aim to ease your legal worries, so you can concentrate on the other key tasks you need to do.
We’ll work with you to identify and analyse the risks to protect your business from unforeseen circumstances. Together we’ll build a solid foundation to ensure the long-term success of your new venture.
Our legal team will provide support and guidance with:
- Setting up a company structure to suits your needs (eg Limited, Sole Trader, Limited Liability Partnership)
- Managing and enforcing copyright, trademarks and patents
- Advice on tax implications and negotiating finances
- Creating employment contracts for hiring new employees
- Setting up agreements with suppliers and contractors
- Defining shareholder and partnership arrangements
- Addressing insurance and liability requirements
- Creating Terms and Conditions for your website
- Data protection, including GDPR compliance
- Creating franchise agreements and disclosure documents